We want children and young people who participate in our club to have a safe and happy experience. We support and respect our children and volunteers.
The policy is called Balmain South Sydney Cricket Club's Child-Safe Child-friendly Policy.
Our policy guides volunteers on how to behave with kids in our organisation. The policy focuses on how we can promote kids’ participation in our organisation and make it safer for them.
Support kids’ participation
Balmain South Sydney Cricket Club supports the active participation of kids in our organisation. We listen to kids' views, respect what they say and involve them when we make decisions, especially about matters that will directly affect them.
1. We promote respect, fairness and consideration for all volunteers.
2. All new volunteers will receive a copy of the Child-safe Child-friendly Policy, Code of Conduct and Dealing with Complaints process.
1. Our club will maintain a rigorous and consistent screening and selection process.
2. We will use the Working With Children Check to achieve this.
Dealing with Complaints
1. Complaints process to be detailed here…
2. The club will appoint a Child Safety Contact Person. Whilst this volunteer is identified, this role is filled by Club Secretary Contact details are:
Phone: 0414 779 593
1. We will hold regular information sessions for staff, volunteers and students.
2. Our policy will be discussed during induction sessions for all volunteers.
3. Kids and parents joining our club will receive a copy of the Policy, Code of Conduct and Dealing with Complaints process.
4. Parents will receive a copy of the Parent's Guide to Child Protection Issues.
The policy and guidelines will be reviewed every two years and incorporate comments and suggestions from children, parents and volunteers.